Intern - Marketing ( Boston MA)
We are looking for fresh marketing graduates/students to come join our world class team and learn more about marketing next generation events.
The marketing tasks involve:
1) Research and document social media and direct marketing strategy
2) Develop the social media active marketing strategy based on the company services.
3) Execute marketing tasks and assignments based on marketing plan.
4) Collect key marketing metrics and ensure marketing targets are met are met.
Director - Product Development (Boston)
This role is responsible for leading the required research for new products, product features, product enhancements and product redesign based on customer, market, and geographic demands. This position evaluates the potential and practicality of products on development and relies on extensive research, experience, and judgment to plan and execute. This role will ensure all efforts maintain the corporate vision and policy of quality and customer satisfaction.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creates a strategic plan of product development based on immediate and anticipated future demands.
- Become an in house expert on all product lines and service.
- Originate new product concepts or redesigns determined by the needs of customers, business objectives, and demand.
- Implement and lead unified product development efforts by managing internal and external resources domestically and internationally in varying market segments.
- Utilize effective data mining techniques to focus ideas based on feedback from customers, suppliers, Sales department, and market analysis.
- Utilize market research to develop unsecured market segments and determine growth prospects based on technology necessities.
- Plan and formulate aspects of research and development proposals such as objective or purpose of project, costs of project, equipment and human capital required.
- Oversee key projects from processes, performance reports, data, and analysis.
- Coordinate extensively with Engineering, Sales, Marketing, and Operations to achieve fruition of technology and product “roadmap”
- Develop and implement methods and procedures for monitoring and communicating projects statuses; such as preparation of records of expenditures and research findings, progress reports, project member meetings, changes in project, timing of deliverables, and pricing margins.
- Successfully proposes correct design concepts and fundamental technology required for new products or improvement of existing products.
- Plan and deliver product designs which meet specified performance and cost criteria within budget and schedule.
- Own the pricing structure based on business margin needs, customer and geographic assessments.
- Work to develop product designs capable of cross-segment use.
- Regular reporting of target objectives and achievements to executive management; apprising of any challenges or concerns.
- Build relationship with other parent company organizations/divisions to support and align product development initiatives and execute collaborative approaches where appropriate.
- Maintain current and acquire more in depth knowledge of competitor products, market segment consumption, geographic presence and knowledge of competitor pricing.
- Ensure adherence to corporate Quality Policy and philosophy.
- All other reasonable duties, as assigned.
- Minimum of 10 years in product development with at least 5 years managing in an Engineering environment.
- Bachelor’s degree from four year university in Business Administration, Engineering, or related field.
- Product development experience in the field of automotive, medical, industrial, or manufacturing with technical equipment.
- Experience in automatic and semi-automatic nondestructive test equipment a plus.
- Prior experience with Engineering Management, Project Management, Customer Relationships, Business Development, and Cost Accounting.
- Experience in directing creative product development, combining process management with the creative drive that encourages new ideas and innovation.
- Demonstrated experience managing the full product development lifecycle, including product briefing, conceptual crafting, product line development, costing, and prototyping.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally, within UK and China, potentially others countries as required.
- Technical expertise necessary to oversee and direct electronic and hardware design, instrument casing, documentation development, reliability testing and analysis.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Process orientation; demonstrated ability to develop repeatable processes or improve existing processes in and out of product development.
- Project management skills; demonstrated ability to push projects over the finish line with sound planning and persistent execution; will understand how to align resources, seek the input of key constituents, and manage others to achieve desired results.
- Open and collaborative style; must be comfortable working in an environment where ideas are shared and challenged.
- Energy and enthusiasm; candidates must find the work "fun" and enjoy being accountable and willing to hold others accountable.
- High level communicator with the ability to inspire and lead others.
- Ability to think and plan ahead over a several year span; anticipate needs and plan accordingly.
- Evidence of success in developing and implementing large-scale, multi-country and multi-industry product development strategies.
- Demonstrated ability in data-mining and market analysis to identify product development/improvement initiatives.
- Must be well organized and have written and oral communication to include accurate and legible documentation skills.
- Ability to work in a team but maintain independent work skills; be a self-starter and possess a strong work ethic.
- Proficient in Microsoft Applications to include but not limited to; Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize detailed work on multiple, concurrent tasks, with frequent interruptions.
- Great level of reliability and accountability as many functions of the role are subject to stringent or changing deadlines.